Royal Paper Box Company was founded in 1940 by Harry Lourie. Months after it’s founding, Harry hired a young die maker named Clary Hodges with whom he had worked previously and who quickly became the production arm of the company. Together, the two young men recognized the opportunities in custom packaging, running a small folding box plant in Los Angeles, CA with about a dozen employees. With an aggressive spirit, the two men grew the company at a fast pace, moving to a larger facility on 61st Street in Los Angeles. When Harry Lourie decided to retire in the mid 1950's, Clary Hodges, a group of outside investors and a few other key employees purchased the company and Royal Paper Box Company was reincorporated under Clary’s management.
To satisfy the increase in volume and the expanding market for custom packaging, Royal purchased its 1st Offset Printing Press, a 29" Miehle, in the early 1960's and later expanded for the second time to a 60,000 square foot facility in Montebello, California. Years of effort and planning led Royal to expand the facility to a greater size, adding 40,000 square feet to the manufacturing facility in late 1970. Since then, Royal has acquired additional adjacent properties and now resides on a sprawling 10-1/2 acre campus with approximately 172,000 square feet under roof.
With a reputation as a consistent high quality folding carton manufacturer with outstanding customer service and an on-time delivery record second to none, Royal Paper Box has achieved steady growth and market penetration over the last 70 years. Continued investments in new technology and state-of-the-art equipment, combined with our skilled and experienced personnel have made Royal Paper Box Company a preferred supplier of folding cartons on the West Coast.